Veterans of the Armed Forces of the United States, their spouses and dependent children (under 21 years of age and not married or having a verifiable life-long dependency on eligible Veteran) may be interred at the Delaware Veterans Memorial Cemeteries. Eligibility requirements are prescribed by the National Cemetery Administration and the following criteria constitute eligibility:
- Any Delaware resident who was honorably discharged from the armed forces of the United States, other than active duty for training (ADT), or reservist who have served more than 180 days of active federal service. Federal active military service does not have to be consecutive.
- The Veteran’s spouse, upon pre-qualification of eligible Veteran.
- Legal resident of Delaware, means the
Veteran must have been a:
- Legal resident of Delaware at the time of death; or
- Legal resident for a period of 3 or more years (does not have to be consecutive); any cumulative period of 3 or more years, regardless of residency at time of death; or
- Legal resident of Delaware when he or she entered the Armed Forces of the United States.
- Any Delaware National Guardsman or Reservist:
1. Eligible for retirement pay at age 60 regardless of residency.
2. Who served on active duty (other than for training) for 180 days or more (does not have to be consecutive).
DE State Veterans Cemeteries – CLICK HERE TO VIEW
- New Castle County Cemetery
2465 Chesapeake City Road
Bear, Delaware 19701
Phone: (302) 834-8046
Contact: Frank R. Silva
- Sussex County Cemetery
26669 Patriots Way
Millsboro, Delaware 19966
Phone: (302) 934-5653
Contact: Gregory A. Bee
Office Hours: Monday thru Friday 8am – 4pm
Closed on National or State Recognized Holidays
Visitation Hours: Open to visitors every day of the year from dawn until dusk.
Burial Space: Space available
Read more articles from VOM Magazine here: https://www.veteransoutreachministries.org/vom-magazine/