Makes: 4 servings
Total Cook Time: 1 hour
Nutrition Facts: 698 Calories, 27g Protein, 50g Carbs, 41g fat, 83mg Chol, 1006mg Sodium
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained, reserve juice
- 1 1/4 cups catsup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 4 medium-sized carrots, sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into chunks
- (4) four 1 inch thick loin or rib pork chops
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Cook pineapple juice, catsup, brown sugar, and vinegar in a medium size saucepan for 5 minutes until hot and flavors have blended.
- Add carrots, pineapple slices and green peppers. Remove from heat.
- Brown pork chops in oil in a large skillet. Arrange pork chops in a shallow baking dish. Spread pineapple-vegetable mixture over top of pork chops.
- Cover with foil and bake in preheated 350-degree oven 1 hour or until pork chops are done and vegetables are crisp-tender.
Recipe by Joan Hogate
Read more articles from VOM Magazine here: https://www.veteransoutreachministries.org/vom-magazine/