- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, prepped
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, divided
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup pitted Greek olives, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp drained capers
- Sugar to taste
- Chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Hot cooked spaghetti, optional
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil; saute shrimp with 1/2 teaspoon pepper flakes until shrimp turn pink, 2-3 minutes. Stir in salt; remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium heat; saute onion until tender, about 2 minutes. Add anchovies, garlic and remaining pepper flakes; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, wine, olives and capers; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until tomatoes are softened and mixture is thickened, 8-10 min.
- Stir in shrimp. Add sugar to taste; sprinkle with parsley. If desired, serve with spaghetti.
Read the Full Magazine here: https://www.veteransoutreachministries.org/vom-magazine/