By: Rebecca Rondone
Owner of Pura Vida Yoga & Physical Training
Spring is here!! With that being said let’s get some spring mental cleaning completed and get things in wellness order. First you will need a plan.
How to Make a Wellness Plan You’ll Actually Follow:
- Improve your physical health and fitness.
- Gain mental clarity.
- Meet your deepest needs.
- Create new habits. Achieve your goals.
- Change old thinking patterns and negative emotions.
THE FOUR DIMENSIONS
Spiritual strength is that force that drives us to make sacrifices for others, our nation, and the greater good. It may come from religious faith, heritage, experience within our community, influence of role models, or other sources of inspiration.
Emotional wellness refers to building an awareness of and accepting one’s feelings and moods. It includes finding ways to encourage positive thinking and acceptance of oneself.
Physical wellness includes expanding your knowledge about your lifestyle and how food, good nutrition and physical activity can be an integral part of your lifestyle.
Social wellness entails being cognizant of the impact you and your actions have on your community, the society and nature.
- Do you set aside time in your day for prayer, meditation, or personal time?
- Do you set aside time in your day for relaxation/quiet time?
- Are you able to make decisions/complete activities with minimum stress/worry?
- Is there something you are looking forward to?
- Do you participate regularly (min 3x/week) in an aerobic activity?
- Do you get adequate and satisfying sleep, and wake up refreshed?
- Do you need to work on issues related to tobacco, alcohol, or nutrition?
- Do you set aside and plan time to be with your family and friends?
- Do you feel that your relationships are positive and rewarding?
- Are you involved in group activities or hobbies?
Honor the entire plan but have GRACE with yourself navigating along with new changes. Meet yourself where you are and be intentional with all new things. We are all a work in progress.
Explore more articles from VOM Magazine here: https://www.veteransoutreachministries.org/vom-magazine/