Chicken Corn Chowder shared from Taste of Home
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 can (12 ounces) reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery and red pepper; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in corn, chicken, milk, bouillon and pepper; heat through, stirring occasionally (do not boil). Top servings with bacon.
INGREDIENTS – FOR VEGAN VERSION!
- Use margarine (not butter)
- Use Plant Based Chicken by Deliciou brand
- Use Evaporated coconut milk
- Use Vegetarian* ‘Better Than Bouillion’
- Leave off the bacon
INSTRUCTIONS – FOR VEGAN VERSION!
- Same as above (using margarine instead).
- Stir in corn, plant-based chicken, evaporated coconut milk, vegetarian bouillon and pepper; heat through, stirring occasionally (do not boil).
Read the Full Magazine here: https://www.veteransoutreachministries.org/vom-magazine/