Recipe from Elise Bauer on SimplyRecipes.com
MAKES: 8-10 Servings
TOTAL TIME: 60 minutes
- 2 to 3 medium (7″ to 7-7/8″ long) very ripe bananas, peeled
- (1 1/2 cups mashed)
- 1/3 cup butter, unsalted or salted, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 3/4 cup (150g) sugar (1/2 cup if you would like it less sweet, 1 cup if more sweet)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (205g) all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C), and butter an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, egg, and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 55 to 65 minutes at 350°F (175°C), or until a toothpick or wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. A few dry crumbs are okay; streaks of wet batter are not. If the outside of the loaf is browned but the center is still wet, loosely tent the loaf with foil and continue baking until the loaf is fully baked.
- Cool in the pan and then slice to serve.
Read more articles from VOM Magazine here: https://www.veteransoutreachministries.org/vom-magazine/