Recipe from Eileen Gray www.Baking-Sense.com
MAKES: 15 Servings
TOTAL TIME: 50 minutes
- 1 cup (8 oz, 236 ml) whole milk
- ½ cup (4 oz, 120 ml) heavy cream
- ¼ cup (2 oz, 60g) white sugar
- ¼ cup (2 oz, 60g) light brown sugar
- 3 eggs plus 1 yolk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp brandy (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup (2 oz, 60g) all purpose flour
- 3 medium (16 oz, 450g) pears, peeled, cored & cut into 1″ chunks
- 1 cup (3.5 oz, 105g) cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine all the ingredients except the pears and cranberries in a food processor or blender. Process for about 30 seconds to mix the ingredients. Let the batter rest while you prep the pan and the fruit.
- Butter a 10″ round glass or ceramic baking dish. Coat the buttered dish with granulated sugar. Distribute the pears and cranberries evenly in the pan. Slowly pour the batter to cover the fruit.
- Bake 35-40 minutes until the custard is set and the top is golden brown. Let the custard settle for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Read more articles from VOM Magazine here: https://www.veteransoutreachministries.org/vom-magazine/