Recipe by Meredith S. K. Boas of Grunge Muffin Designs
MAKES: 1 Serving
TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 tablespoon classic pesto spread (recommend Filippo Berio brand)
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1 slice white cheddar cheese
- 1 slice white provolone cheese
- 2 pieces brioche bread (loaf or pre-sliced)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and on a baking sheet, lay a piece of tin foil.
- Slice 2 pieces of brioche bread from the loaf or select 2 pieces of pre-sliced brioche bread and lay them flat on the baking sheet.
- On both pieces of bread spread the pesto.
- On 1 piece of bread pile the 1/4 cup of feta cheese (use your hand to press into place).
- On a cutting board, slice your tomato into thin slices. Then overlap those slices onto the same side of bread that has the feta cheese.
- Then layer 1 slice of white cheddar and 1 slice of provolone on top of the tomato.
- Place the tray into the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Then remove from oven and while hot, press the pesto-only piece of bread on top of the other side making a complete sandwich.
- Let cool slightly and enjoy!
Read more articles from VOM Magazine here: https://www.veteransoutreachministries.org/vom-magazine/